A colorful journey across landscape and population contrasts
FERNANDO’S WORD OVER THIS TOUR
The Culture & Heritage tour was designed to let you have a brief immersion in the northern and southern Ecuadorian culture -particularly Andean culture-. You will certainly appreciate the changing scenarios and population.
First, you will be to discover the Otavalo region and its surroundings such as Cayambe, Cuicocha Lake, and Cotacachi. We particularly love both the Cuicocha Lake with its magnificent view and the Rose plantation near the Cayambe Region. Another authentic stop during this tour will be the local cooking class with Claudia and the San Clemente indigenous community, just fantastic!
In the southern part of Ecuador you will surely notice not only the landscape difference but also the local population contrasts. At the end of your program you will experience a very original encounter with one of the most renowned characters among southern cultures.
Culture and Visits
Nature and Activities
Indicative route :
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Quito > Cayambe > Otavalo > Cuicocha||Otavalo (San Clemente indigenous community)||Otavalo (Cooking class) > Lasso|
|Day 4||Day 5|
|Lasso > Saquisilí > Cotopaxi National Park > Riobamba||Riobamba (The last Ice-Breaker & Chimborazo Reserve) > Quito|
Tour highlights :
– Completely private tour in Ecuador, in the Andes, with your English-speaking guide.– 5 days of discovery -in exceptional natural and cultural spots-.– Cotopaxi National Park visit – Encounter with Baltazar the “last ice-breaker” in Chimborazo.
Valid prices until December, 2023
Explore in more detail :
Day 1 : Quito > Cayambe > Otavalo > Cuicocha
After an early departure you will head northbound to one of the most authentic indigenous regions in Ecuador. The beginning of your adventure will impress you!
Day 2 : Otavalo (San Clemente Community)
You will experience an exceptional encounter and exchange with your Quichua hosts. You will discover the indigenous San Clemente community, its population, families, customs, artisans, farmers, and crops
from 2h00 to 4h00
from 1h00 to 4h00
Day 3 : Otavalo (Cooking Class) > Lasso
You will get to Claudia’s house where you will start by preparing a complete traditional menu (starter, main course, dessert, homemade “aji” -chili pepper to be prepared by hand-)
Day 4 : Saquisilí (Indigenous Market) > Cotopaxi National Park > Riobamba
Early departure to get to the charming Saquisilí indigenous market and the other points of your itinirary. This will be a very active day!
from 1h00 to 3h00
Day 5 : Chimborazo Reserve (The Last Ice-breaker) > Quito
This day will be devoted to the encounter with Baltazar, the “last Ice-breaker” alive in Ecuador. Although Baltazar no longer has the physical condition to continue this activity, his son-in-law continues the tradition. Then you will finish your program by coming back to Quito, to enjoy a deserved rest.
– Andes (from day 1 to 5): private transfers and excursions accompanied by your local English-speaking guide with his own vehicle. (Vehicle type: Kia Sportage or Hyundai H1).
– Physical: since the tour consists of a few easy steps, there isn’t physical special requirements.
– Technical: no technical level is necessary. You will not have climbing or ice climbing.
-1 or 2 light walking trousers
-1 or 2 warm walking trousers
-2 Fleece jackets
-1 breathable warm jacket(type softshell)
-1 waterproof jacket (type gore-tex)
– light t-shirts
– hike shoes
– casual shoes
-1 pair of gloves for high altitude walks
-1 warm hat for high altitude walks
-1 water bottle – sunglasses
– solar cream
– hike sticks (if you wish)
Comfort » category : charming and comfortable accommodation 2/3*** category. Clean and offering an adapted-to-European and American customer service.
Superior » category : charming accommodation 3/4**** category. Top of the range quality infrastructure and personalized service. Spacious and tasteful rooms.
=> the “luxury” (4/5 *) options are also available on request.
– Transfers and visits times are indicative.
– Foresee between $ 5 and $ 30 per meal not included, per person.
– Tips: we recommend between $ 10 and $ 20 per worked day for a guide, and between $ 5 and $ 10 per worked day for a driver.