Antoine feeling about this magnificent tour
This semi-private Galapagos tour is an island-hopping tour that will allow you to enjoy the most beautiful day trips from Santa Cruz and San Cristobal Islands, aboard beautiful boats selected by us. In this way, you will have the opportunity to appreciate the unique atmosphere of each island, with nights on the mainland in charming hotels. Santa Cruz Island, the most populous of the archipelago, has a lively and warm nighttime atmosphere. San Cristobal Island, on the other hand, is the least touristy of the habitable islands, which gives it incomparable charm, in addition to offering fantastic tours.
Your trip to the Galapagos will last 5 days and will immerse you in the heart of the Galapagos Archipelago, located 1000 kilometers off the coast of Ecuador, lost in the Pacific Ocean. Playground of the famous English biologist Charles Darwin, the Galapagos Islands will dazzle you!
You will visit 4 islands during this stay in the Galapagos: Santa Cruz, San Cristobal, Española, and Seymour (or Bartolomé or Plazas depending on your preference). You will be in constant contact with the incredible and ubiquitous fauna on the islands: giant land turtles, blue-footed boobies, frigates, marine and land iguanas, sea lions, and endemic albatrosses of the island of Española (absent from the island only from January to March)
Culture and Visits
Nature and Activities
Indicative route :
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Quito (or Guayaquil) > Baltra > Santa Cruz island||Santa Cruz island > North Seymour island > Santa Cruz island||Santa Cruz island > San Cristobal island|
|Day 4||Day 5|
|San Cristobal island (Española island)||San Cristobal island > Quito (or Guayaquil)|
Tour highlights :
– Superb semi-private tour in the Galápagos.
– Visit of 4 islands for 5 days!
– On-site services (hotels and tours) selected by us. The service is attentive, the boutique hotels are superb and very well located on each island.
Valid prices until December, 2023
Explore in more detail :
Day 1 : Quito (or Guayaquil) > Baltra > Santa Cruz
Transfer to Quito or Guayaquil airport depending on your previous night. Flight to Baltra then transfer to Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island). In the afternoon, you will visit the land turtle reserve.
2h30 à 4h30
Day 2 : Seymour island> Santa Cruz island (Bachas)*
Transfer to the Itabaca canal. Visit Seymour Island, one of the uninhabited islands of the Galapagos Archipelago, aboard our boat. You will observe colonies of blue-legged boobies, large frigates, and land iguanas.
Then, sail to the beautiful Bachas beach where you can swim. Return to port in the afternoon. Night in our charming hotel facing the sea and free dinner.
* This day may be replaced by a visit to Floreana, Plazas, or Bartolomé Island on the same boat depending on the authorizations of the Galapagos National Park. The change can be made at the last moment.
Day 3 : Santa Cruz island > San Cristobal island
Transfer by speedboat of approximately 2h30. Arrived in San Cristobal, transfer to the hotel, and installation (depending on the time of arrival).
Free time to go to one of the accessible sites:
– Interpretation center
– Cerro de las Tijeretas
Note: the speedboat ride can be quite hectic. Some people with back problems, the elderly, or prone to seasickness can have an unpleasant and delicate experience. With a supplement, it is possible to make this trip by plane.
Day 4 : San Cristobal island (Española island)
Visit to the beautiful Española Island, first to Punta Suarez, where the Albatrosses are found, endemic to the island, on which they are present from April to December each year. Beautiful hike on the island and afternoon snorkeling session from the Gardner Bay site to observe the marine fauna present.
Day 5 : San Cristobal island > Quito (or Guayaquil)
Transfer to San Cristobal Island airport. Flight to Quito or Guayaquil.
– Galápagos : semi-private transport and tours *. Bilingual Spanish / English local naturalist guide. Optional French translator, contact us.
* on days 2, 3, and 4 the visits and transport will be collective.
– Physical: this island hopping tour in the Galapagos requires special physical conditions. You will still have a slightly longer trek when walking on the Sierra Negra and Chico volcanoes. The walk takes about 6 hours but is accessible to anyone who likes to walk.
– Technical: no technical level is necessary.
– light t-shirts
– light trousers
– waterproof light jacket (type k-way)
– 1 or 2 fleeces for your evenings
– solar cream
– 1 suimsuit 2/3/4 mm for those who wish (possibility to rent it on site)
– 1 normal camera + waterproof
Two possible options:
“Comfort” option: comfortable, charming 3 * accommodation, clean and offering a service adapted to a European and American clientele and single rooms.
“Superior” option:=> the luxury option (4/5 *) is also available on request.
– Transfers and visits times are indicative.
– Foresee between $ 5 and $ 30 per meal not included, per person.
– Tips: we recommend between $ 10 and $ 20 per worked day for a guide, and between $ 5 and $ 10 per worked day for a driver.