A short yet magnificent discovery among the Andes mountain range!
FERNANDO’S WORD OVER THIS TOUR
This short yet lovely tour will let you discover two of the most well-known Ecuador milestones, The Quilotoa Lake & The Cotopaxi National Park
You will pass by two isolated and still villages; Chugchilán on day 2 and Isinliví on day 3. Even though these small villages are not so popular as other ones, they are very picturesque and will convey a feeling of peace and calm.
The Toachi Canyon is another plus during this program, you will definitely enjoy the 2-day trek stage of this program before finish on a hight note in the most emblematic protected area of the country, the Cotopaxi National Park.
Culture and Visits
Nature and Activities
Indicative route :
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4|
|Quito city tour: discovery of the most interesting spots.||Quito > Saquisilí > Quilotoa Loop (Day 1: from Quilotoa to Chugchilán)||Quilotoa Loop (Day 2: from Chugchilán to Isinliví) > Cotopaxi National Park||Cotopaxi National Park (mountain biking + Cotopaxi refuge trek) > Quito|
Tour highlights :
– Completely private tour in Ecuador with your English-speaking guide.
– MTB stage: superb mountain biking activity around the Cotopaxi Volcano.
– 4 days of trekking in South America -in Ecuador’s most emblematic places-.
– Visit to the Isinliví & Chugchilán villages.
– 2 days of trek in the Toachi canyon.
– Discovery of the charming Quilotoa Lake.
Valid prices until December, 2023
Explore in more detail :
Day 1 : Quito city tour
As it should be, you will start your adventure by discovering one of the most lovely Latin American capitals & UNESCO listed, Quito city!
from 1h00 to 3h00
Day 2 : Quito > Saquisilí > Quilotoa Loop (Day 1: from Quilotoa to Chugchilán)
You will undertake an incredible adventure. Starting from the Quilotoa lake, you will descend towards the Chugchilán village. Elevation : +1148 ft / -3247 ft
from 4h00 to 5h00
Day 3 : Quilotoa Loop (Day 2: from Chugchilán to Isinliví) > Cotopaxi National Park
This morning you will discover the isolated Isinliví village. Passing by the fantastic Toachi canyon you will get to this quiet and still place, lost in time! Elevation : +1476 ft / -2066 ft
Day 4 : Cotopaxi National Park (mountain biking + Cotopaxi refuge trek) > Quito
This final day you will go Mountain Biking across the lunar-like Cotopaxi surroundings, then you can go up to the Cotopaxi refuge or the Limpiopungo lake. Finish your tour in the best way!
– Andes (from day 1 to 4): private transport with a Spanish-speaking driver + a bilingual Spanish / English private local guide (vehicle type 4 × 2, space or bus depending on the size of the group). For a group of 2 or 3 people, your guide will also be your driver.
– Quilotoa Loop (Days 2 and 3): For groups of 4 people or more, your English-speaking guide will accompany you during this trek. For 2 and 3 groups, a Spanish-speaking guide will show you the way while your guide brings your belongings to the hostel.
– Physical: this trekking tour only requires a good physical condition.
– Technical: no technical level is necessary. You will not have climbing or ice climbing. We recommend trekking poles and good walking shoes.
-1 or 2 light walking trousers
-1 or 2 warm walking trousers
-2 Fleece jackets
-1 breathable warm jacket(type softshell)
-1 waterproof jacket (type gore-tex)
– light t-shirts
– hike shoes
– casual shoes
-1 water bottle – sunglasses
– solar cream
– hiking bag (between 25 to 45L)
– hike sticks
“Comfort” option: comfortable charming accommodation, 2/3 *** type, offering a service adapted to European and American customers and beautiful rooms. The nights in a tent will be simpler.
– Transfers and visits times are indicative.
– Foresee between $ 5 and $ 30 per meal not included, per person.
– Tips: we recommend between $ 10 and $ 20 per worked day for a guide, and between $ 5 and $ 10 per worked day for a driver.